05 September 2006

To Hazard a Guess

This will be my "LA Mysteries" post. I will add to this as mysteries and theories emerge..

1. Bread Zone.
Somewhere between Washington and Venice Blvds, east of Fairfax and west of Hauser, there is an industrious bread making bakery. The Bread Zone, morning and night, smells of baking bread. I have never located the bakery emitting the powerful bread fragrance. I suspect I never will.

2. Cow Tails.
I suppose as a child I missed out on the semi-gross, fully-satisfying treat of a Cow Tail. I recently tried one of these cream filled caramel sticks while at home. I purchased this Cow Tail at a WaWa in Delaware. There are no WaWas in California, and after looking around at 7-Elevens and the like, I could not find Cow Tails here either. So when I went home again, I stocked up. Not long after returning to LA, my front headlight went out, forcing me into an "Auto Zone". While paying for the bulb, I discovered that although no convenience store carries Cow Tails... Auto Zone, in fact, has them for sale. ?????

3. La Brea and Wilshire-ish area, on the corner, a bakery. Lee's Croissants, from the north. Or is it Bee's Croissant's? A tiny sign viewed from the west dictates it so. Or it simply Ari's, as posted on the south side of the establishment? Yeah what the hell is called, I'm begging someone interpret the signage.

No comments: