12 October 2007

Nobel Peace Prize Smackdown


I very much appreciated "An Inconvenient Truth" (and, more so, "11th Hour") and generally all publicity concerning action in environmental issues. No matter what anyone argues, this is a global crisis that needs to be fought through legislation. As far as the Nobel Peace Prize goes... sure! I mean, it's a stretch... but, fine! I'm in. Yay Gore. I just think this quote is hilarious:

DR JEREMY LEGGETT, OXFORD UNIVERSITY ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE INSTITUTE

Power station in Scotland
The Nobel committee spoke of the conflict threat posed by climate change

I can't think of a better combination for this award - the previously unsung and much-falsely maligned legion of scientific whistleblowers, and their tireless chief advocate.

Perhaps now the shrivelling band of fossil-fuel-funded contrarians and car-enthusiast media stars will finally have the good grace to shut up with the ignorance they pedal about the threat we face.



No comments: